Every school in the area is off today and I heard the words “I’m bored” by 9 a.m. So what do you do with your snow day?
Hopefully, like us, you anticipated the storm and stocked up on books and movies from the library. But in case you didn’t do that, we have a few ideas for you.
1. Search through the Faces and Places database. Maybe you can help us identify some of the snowy day pictures.
2. Do genealogy research as a family by searching online databases from home with your library card including HeritageQuest, World Vital Records, and the Historical Cincinnati Enquirer. You can also search geNKY and the Northern Kentucky Newspaper Index from home without a library card!
3. Sit down together to write your family newsletter for your holiday cards. Add something new you’ve learned this year about your family history in the newsletter. Don’t forget to include names and dates on the back of the pictures for future genealogists!
4. Bake while listening to Christmas carols (download a few for free from Freegal).
5. Make Christmas crafts for gifts with ideas you get from magazines. We have dozens of free online magazine subscriptions that you can access from home with your library card number.
6. Access some of your favorite movies on Hoopla from home with your library card number.
7. Children ages 2-12 can read books for prizes as part of our holiday read program.
8. Play board games or video games as a family.
9. No new books to read? Don’t worry! Download to your ereader from the library website.
10. Read Mom-spot’s blogs for other great ideas.
What do you do on snow days?