The annexation of West Covington by Covington in 1916 resulted in a number of name changes for West Covington Streets. All West Covington streets that shared a name with a Covington street had to be changed. These changes occurred in 1917 and included:
Main Street (Southern Part)
Main Street (Northern Part)
Second Street (West of Crescent)
Short John Street
West Spring Street
New 1916 Name
Kentucky Post, April 17, 1917, p.1 and April 24, 1917, p. 1; Kentucky Times-Star, April 17, 1917, p. 20 and April 30, 1917, p. 3.